Monday, December 5, 2011

Here Goes Nothin!

I've beeen meaning to start blogging for the last year or so, but with my crazy life (You know...laundry, long phone conversations, dishes, more laundry etc...) I never really had the time. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to blog about, either. Do I become some weird, inspirational gal...who discusses and quotes people who are...well...inspirational? Do I keep it real, and talk about how everybody bugs me, kids, school (Yawn...) and...poop? Do I talk about how hard it is to be 35 and have wrinkles and gray hairs popping up like nobody's biz? How does one decide on one flavor :) With the last year of my life being so full of blatant dysfunction, stress, heart palpitations, and icky stuff... I figure this may be a good way to vent and maybe get my chuckle on once in a while (I tend to crack myself up...)

With the Holidays fast approaching, I tend to reflect on how the past year has treated me. (Or bitch slapped me over and over again) This one has definitely topped my 'shit list'. I'm bound and determined to ring in the new year with celebration, (And lots of booze) to help ensure next year is a totally different experience. It's really hard when you do not have control over things that happen. I really like control. Like...a lot. I also like babies...so... I'm not sure what that actually means. :) I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions...I can ALWAYS lose 20 pounds, or fail at smoking cessation... But this year is different. I'm going to make so many resolutions that if I fail at any of them...I won't even remember what it was that I should be depressed and kicking my own ass over. My new mantra will be "If at first you don't succeed...Who gives a shit. It probably isn't worth the headache" I will say that out loud... and then I will eat a doughnut and smoke a cig...while I try to remember.  Clearly I'm bound for success. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha Salina! Great job! I like what you've done. Now, you'll start adding pictures that match your writing! :)

    I'm following so I'll get your updates in my blogger page. :)

    I can hear you laugh as you "say" all this! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sass I LOVE IT!!!! You go girl!!! I have always known that you are funny as hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know I met you when I was about 35??? (just to give you perspective of how your kids and their friends see you! Ain't that scary???)

    ReplyDelete